Contemporary Challenges in Trust Administration
Date: Tuesday, October 20, 2020
Time: 11:30am - 1:00pm
Location: Minnehaha Country Club
Speaker: Cannon Teleconference
We look forward to offering another in-person meeting of the council.
There is a limit of 50 IN PERSON attendees for this event. Attendees must pre-register. Virtual attendance is unlimited.
Registration for in-person attendance will close at 5 pm on Thursday, October 15th.
If you do not feel well, or have been exposed to Covid, we ask that you stay home and attend the live webinar.
Meeting Protocol Information:
- All SFEPC members will be required to pre-register. Since spots are limited, please be courteous to other members and cancel your registration if a conflict arises.
- SFEPC members will be given priority when registering. Guests will be included only if space allows.
- A plated meal will be served by Minnehaha Country Club staff. Their staff will be masked and is required to complete a daily screening prior to work.
- Seating will be 4 people per round table.
- Attendees are encouraged to wear masks when not eating.
- The program will also be offered for you to stream at your home or office. If you are not feeling well, or are not comfortable attending in person, please register to attend the live webinar which begins at NOON. A registration link will be provided to members.
Please Note: An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.
About the Program:
Trust instruments contain provisions conferring investment and distribution discretion on the Trustee and defining the extent of that discretion. The Trustee interpreting and implementing the trust instrument must engage in a delicate balancing of the intentions of the settlor and the current and anticipated future circumstances of the beneficiaries. In this teleconference, we will discuss the following important issues that arise in trust administration:
- Loans to Beneficiaries
- Administration of Trusts for Beneficiaries Dealing with Addiction
- Balancing Investment Performance With Beneficiaries’ Needs
- Administration of Digital Assets
See Upcoming Event Calendar